Thursday, July 24, 2014

The Fault In Our Stars

Caught the movie, The Fault In Our Stars, on Monday! A great way to kill Monday blues. A wrong move of mine to put on eyeliner when most of us have heard that it is a sad movie. But anyways, I just had to be careful when wiping the tears from my eyes. Hahaha! Lucky I didn't put on mascara though! 

Had wanted to catch this movie way before it was screened in the cinemas, but i dragged until now. However, it's never too late I guess. At least I get the chance to catch it before it ends:) And I am glad I did!

So what makes me want to catch this movie? Reason is simple - because I get to learn something from it. Reviews had stated that it was based on a novel which is a number 1 New York Times Bestseller!  It's a great movie and I get to learn something from it! Killing two birds with one stone~   


A short synopsis of the movie:
The movie depicts the story of two teenagers diagnosed with cancer, being in love with each other, and how they braved through their numbered days against the odds.  







Things I learnt from the movie: 

Life is very fragile. The things you least expect, do happen. 
I guess those of you who have watched the movie, would be able to understand where I am coming from. But for those who haven't watch the movie yet, I will not spoil the story for you all here. Go and watch it if you have the chance. It's a really good movie! 

So back to the lesson learnt. You will never know what happen during your journey through life. Of course it will never always be smooth sailing. There's meant to be the downside of life. But nevertheless, cherish every moments you have and embrace the events that had occurred. They are there to enable you to learn and grow up, shaping you to be a better and stronger person. Live your life to the fullest and don't leave any room for regrets! 


It takes leaps of courage to hold onto the promise you make. 
What are words if you only say things in the spur of the moment without meaning what you said? At the point of time, it might seem like the right thing to say or something just spark yourself to say or make certain promises. You may mean it at that point of time. But what if in the event something bad happen? Would you still be able to keep up to the promise of whatever you had said before? Would you still be there for the person?

I would say not many are able to do that. That's why I admire those who can do it. The movie depicts this very intensely, and it really really touched me. Despite knowing the odds, they still stand true to their promises and being there for each other. 



Having said the above, we are also aware that the romance between both of them are also very sweet and touching. I literally melted! 




I guess most of you would also want a love like this right? Someone who care that much for you, someone who will always be there for you regardless what circumstances. If you are already with this someone, cherish him/her. And as for those who haven't, no worries! You will definitely meet the right one someday! :)

I would really love to watch such movies sometime soon! :) 



No comments:

Post a Comment