Wednesday, September 21, 2016

Second Last Ukelele Lesson (20 Sept 2016)

Time sure flies isn't it? It seems like I have only just started on this stage 2 class and yet it's about to end soon - next week being the last lesson!

To be honest, stage 2 is a higher difficulty from the first - where we learnt to play the whole song (with different strumming patterns for the different paragraphs in a song. It's fun yet challenging. Maybe I shall find time to practice back on the songs taught after the class ends :P

Yesterday class was playing the song "Just Give Me A Reason" which was taught at the previous class on 17 Sept (Sat). I had missed that makeup lesson since I had something to see to. And only tried to practice by looking at the screenshots that my classmate sent me and also listening to the audio she sent me as well. You should have seen the piece of paper. Really confusing!! I had a hard time trying to figure out what it means and how to play it!

Though it's confusing at the start, lucky I was able to grasp a bit by listening the audio of teacher playing the whole song. Roughly getting some idea. And also lucky the strumming pattern for the chorus onwards is still manageable since we did played that previously. Just that the chords are different. 

And so viola~ there I was, at class yesterday trying to play. But also thanks to our teacher who went through a bit in class so that I can catch it before we proceeded to play the whole song.

I like this song a lot! Definitely going to master this song:)
But before that, need to find time to go through the new song for next week's class first! New techniques to learn as well.


Have a listen :)

No comments:

Post a Comment