Saturday, June 4, 2016

Completion of Stage 1 Ukelele Class

Can't believe that the last Ukelele Stage 1 class is over today, after 3 months of going for classes. It just passes so fast!

It started with the decision to go for the classes on my own. Have been wanting to learn the musical instrument especially the guitar or piano. Why choose the Ukelele in the end then? Because ukelele is growing popular recently and it's said to be easier to learn as compared to the guitar since it only have 4 strings. So that's how I started off my learning journey with the ukelele - for someone without any musical experience :P


Basically my goal is to be able to play and sing at the same time. But I found it real challenging to do so. I am already struggling with the basics which is to press the chords, strum to the beat and pattern, and making sure to change the chords in time. And if I add in the singing, I tend to mix everything up and anyhow strum. HAHA! That is something I need to continue working on! But I do hope that one day I am able to sing and strum simultaneously! :)

The classes were held once a week for an hour each lesson. And it's conducted in small groups of around 5-6 people, making it conducive for learning and for the teacher to guide us more effectively. But it's rather fast paced since we learn different strumming patterns every week on different songs. And the difficulty level increases with each lesson. Hence without practicing on our own outside of classes, we will definitely get lost! I still remember missing one lesson - and I was quite lost initially. Even though the teacher was nice enough to do a recap. But I am those who need time. But then thankfully I was able to get it right after some guidance from my teacher and my classmate:) That's my favourite lesson - the song, the playing method! 

I shall continue practicing on my own during my free time. And let's see if we will be continuing for stage 2. But hopefully before starting on stage 2, I really need to brush up on my playing. Otherwise I am afraid I cannot keep up with the increasing difficulty! HAHA! 

Take one step at a time! Fighting~ 



No comments:

Post a Comment