Thursday, May 26, 2016

Hello Kitty Cafe Singapore - Orchid Garden

Recently there's the hype over the newly opened Hello Kitty Cafe - Orchid Garden, which is located at Changi Airport Terminal 3 Arrival Hall. 

Hello Kitty Orchid Garden
Changi Airport Terminal 3, Arrival Hall Central #01-22
Operating Hours: 24 hours daily

Because my mum was a Hello Kitty fan herself, we intended to bring her there. But our initial intention was not that soon, maybe a month later or so, due to the crowd. When it first opened doors on 12 May 2016, the queue was that bad that the minimum queuing time was around 4-6 hours! What we didn't expect was that my dad actually suggested we go there on 14 May! My dad knowing my mum likes hello kitty, will always go such extra miles for her <3. Will I ever find someone who will treat me that nice? Hahaha!

So... there we are at Changi Airport Terminal 3 Arrival Hall at 10.22pm on 14 May 2016 (Saturday).

Look at the crowd queuing outside the cafe. Note: This is just one portion of the queue. There's people queuing on the other side too! Too bad I didn't get to capture the whole queue.
(I had blurred the image a bit to hide out the faces of the people)


The cafe is just a small scale one - maybe that explains why the waiting time is pretty long. Limited space to fit a lot of people.

Interior of the Cafe


The area for 2-seaters
Pretty stressful to be seated here I feel. Since the queue is just beside you. People are like staring at what you ordered and all. I know that since I am also part of the queue who is looking :P

The Table for 2









The Hello Kitty-shaped shelf with the merchandises for sale.
Too bad the limited edition plush toys were already out of stock!

The interior of the cafe is filled with orchids and portray a feel of dining in a garden setting. Theme definitely fits Singapore being a garden city. A pretty nice place. But we felt that as compared to other Hello Kitty Cafe, this is a bit disappointing. There's only 2 Hello Kitty figurines placed inside the cafe for diners to take photo with (refer to the pictures below). 


First Hello Kitty Figure


Second Hello Kitty Figure

The cafe actually open 24/7! And we found out that they actually offer different menus! By the time we queued and finally got a seat, it was already 1.45am! 3 hours plus of queuing! Sinful supper!! 

And the menu as shown below shows their Midnight Menu. When it was nearing our turns, the staff walked around to tell the people queuing that some items on the Midnight Menu were unavailable - which is their Coolers and some of the Sundaes :( We actually wanted to try their coolers! Seen many people ordering that but we have no fate to try that. 





Kitty's Apple Pie Tea (Kitty's Favourite) 
Fruity flavoured tea with a tinge of apple and cinnamon which my dad ordered

Hola Nachos! (Kitty's Favourite) 
Quite a few people ordering this and we decided to order this as well. Not too bad dipping with the cheese! Yum yums!

Ice Speculoos Latte (Kitty's Favourite)
Actually wanted to try their coolers. But they have run out of it so this is my next option!
I have no idea what the drink was when I ordered. I just ordered due to it being the recommendation. Haha! It had a rich aftertaste that I can't put a description to what exactly it tasted like. But it's not those that makes you go "urghh" definitely.

Cowabunga! Wagyu! (Kitty's Favourite)
I like the beef with the rendang sauce! I do eat beef, but seldom eat. But I like how tender the beef is, and even so when coupled with the sauce!!! 


Big Breakfast Surprise (Kitty's Favourite)
Find this not worth ordering actually as compared to the rest of the dishes we ordered.


Let's Do The Salsa
We saw many ordering this and it looks really tempting so we ordered it as well! 

Overall, I would say this is a comfortable place to be dining at with the interior floral and garden concept even though it do not have much kitty stuff as compared to other Hello Kitty cafe. The food tasted not exactly awful, in fact a few dishes tasted well! But my conclusion is that I find it not worth it to be queuing for a few hours just for this. Maybe I will wait till the hype is over before thinking of heading back there to try their other dishes.

If you wish to visit this cafe anytime soon and want to avoid the long hours of queuing, you may consider heading there like in the wee hours of the night like around 3am. The queue is definitely much shorter! 

No comments:

Post a Comment