Thursday, May 8, 2014

Dessert Treats to end the last Friday of April 2014 @ Cake Spade

I guess many of you had heard that Cake Spade had turned 1 and to mark their anniversary, they are giving $1 off on all cakes, brownies, crumbles, cupcakes and tarts on 25-26 April 2014! So did you managed to get some desserts over there during their anniversary?

We had it on 25 Apr (Friday)! As all of us had a real tough week, to cheer us up and to celebrate the end of the week, we went there for some desserts! We tried their Molten Cake with Ice Cream, Strawberry Tofu Cheesecake, Red Velvet Cake, and Dark Chocolate Banana Cake.


Molten Cake with Ice Cream 
Reviews have stated that the chocolate will ooz out. But too bad, I ordered it with the Ice Cream on top so can't really see the chocolate oozing out. But the molten cake is definitely warm when we eat it. The feeling of pure satisfaction!

Strawberry Tofu Cheesecake
Melded with a layer of digestive cookie crust, and adorned with strawberries encased in a layer of jelly. One of  their specialty cake and is definitely a MUST TRY! It is quite refreshing and even my friend who don't really like cheesecake is also a fan of this cake! 

You might also like to try another of their specialty cake - Peach Tofu Cheesecake, when you are there as well. 

Red Velvet Cake
Moist layers of vanilla and a hint of chocolate sponge covered with luscious cream cheese icing. For me, I am actually not a fan of Red Velvet Cake due to the taste of the cheese icing that surrounds the cake. Some does not taste well due to the cheese icing. But this, I am actually liking it. The taste of the cheese is rather light and not that heavy. I would have to say that I don't really try Red Velvet Cake, but this is the first Red Velvet Cake that I am actually liking it:)

Dark Chocolate Banana Cake
Dark and moist chocolate cake layered with fresh banana slices on a bed of dark chocolate mousse, surrounded with cameralized banana chips. The taste of the banana is very fresh and goes pretty well with the chocolate. But then I feel that the chocolate is too rich, and I can't finish the entire slice all by myself. 


Cake Spade
1 Tras Link, Orchid Hotel Singapore, #01-06, Singapore 078867

Mondays to Thursdays: 12pm - 8pm
Fridays & Saturdays: 12pm - 10pm
(Closed on Sundays and Public Holidays)

  


No comments:

Post a Comment