Tuesday, February 25, 2014

Cafe Hopping to Drury Lane Cafe @ Tanjong Pagar

My friend suggested this place for lunch on a particular Monday. Great place to hang out to beat away the Monday blues? No idea, so let's check it out!

We actually do not know the exact location of the place. All my friend knew was that it was near to Duxton, and since I know the way, I led the way. But as it turns out, we do not even have to walk to Duxton. It is just before Duxton, along the shophouses where most bridal studios are situated. Upon knowing this, we actually have the feeling of being tricked (the place seems so far away based on the google map).

Quite easy to spot since the door is painted in red:)

The seatings at the second level

Cozy sofa corner on the second level

Menu!! I heard that they have Specials on weekends! So to find out about the specials, you can try visiting the cafe on weekends:)

Egg Benedict (consisting of honey cured bacon, poached eggs, hollandaise and toast)
My friend ordered this. Not too bad, but just that the toast are quite hard. If softer then perfect! I feel that what's make this dish special is the hollandaise sauce. If you are wondering what's that sauce?  Based on Wikipedia, it's actually an emulsion of egg yolk and liquid butter, usually seasoned with lemon juice, salt, and a little pepper. 

Big 94 (consisting of eggs, sausage, mushrooms, honey cured bacon, baked beans and toast)
Same thing as the Egg benedict set, the toasts are quite hard. I like their bacon!! But the sausage is disappointing as it's not that tasty. Like maybe lacking of pepper or salt? LOL. Seasoning I would say.

The Iced Chocolate which I tried!! Not bad not bad. Quite thick! 

But if you like to go to Drury Lane Cafe, maybe you should try their Muffins also! Heard that it's nice! Too bad we didn't get to try that:(



Drury Lane Cafe
94 Tanjong Pagar Road

(Closed on Tuesdays)
Mon, Wed-Fri : 9am - 10pm
Sat & Sun : 10am - 6pm


No comments:

Post a Comment