Tuesday, February 2, 2016

CNY Yearly Affair @ Chinatown

So with the nearing of Chinese New Year, to be exact in just 5 more days, how's the preparation and spring cleaning coming along? Is it a yearly affair for you to visit Chinatown to grab some goodies for the new year? 

Previous years, I will head down with my family the night nearing Chinese New Year either on the eve itself or a few days before. That's when there's lots of cheap deals coming along as the store owners compete over low price offerings to customers in order to clear as much of their remaining stocks. Maybe that's why our parents like heading down on the last weekend/ day before Chinese New Year? Cheaper deals! hahaha. 


For me, I don't usually like going to Chinatown during this period because of the crowd. It's like the weather in Singapore is already very warm and humid. And with the crowd, it just makes everything worst. And it's hard to shop when there's a crowd. But this year... this year is the first time I actually experience going down early in the evening around 5pm and it was not that bad as compared to late at night! 


Initially it's raining. Lucky it stopped when we reached.










Other than 瓜子 (Nuts), another common stall you see would be the the jellies/ mochi.
There's actually a lane full of such stalls selling goodies for new year! And that's the lane I most want to avoid. To me, it's the lane of stickiness with all the rubbish and jelly syrup all over! LOLOL



My favourite!!! <3





Anyone fancy a plate of Char Kway Teow? :P





Overall, I did enjoy my trip to Chinatown this year! Most of the things you get to see might be the same every year, but there's also some other things you can get to find there:) 


No comments:

Post a Comment